This notice explains what information we collect customer data, when we collect it and how we use this. During our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who we are
Landlord Broadband & Wireless Technologies Ltd T/A Landlord Broadband. We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA051325 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be emailed to email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
– When you initially submit an enquiry to Landlord Broadband either directly or through an agent.
We collect the following information:
– Name, address, company name, e-mail address, your postcode, telephone number, the type of market you are in, full property address, number of floors and how you found out about us. For development projects we collect the address of the project and forecasted delivery date.
– For billing purposes, our Direct Debit system requires the address your bank account is registered to, your sort code and account number.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
– To ensure that we design the right solution for the property or development in question.
– To enable us to communicate with you and send you tax statements (Invoices) for the service.
– To enable us to supply you with the services as per the terms of the contract.
– To enable us to communicate with you if we need to make you aware of something relating to the service.
– To analyse the information, we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer.
– To enable us to bill you for the service we provide.
– For all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
– If you consent to receiving our quarterly newsletter ‘The Voice of Property Technology’ we will send you this.
Sharing of your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
– If you become a customer. Processing your Direct Debit payment through our bank and the financial sector Direct Debit system.
– If there are debt issues with your account, in order to resolve the issue we may pass your details to a debt recovery agency, solicitors and/or the HM Courts & Tribunals Service.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (We may be legally
required to hold some types of information). Our full retention schedule is available at Landlord Broadband, The Catalyst, York Science Park, York, YO10 5GA.
You have the right at any time to:
– Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
– Require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
– Make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold; and
– Object to receiving any marketing communications from us. You can do that be unsubscribing to our quarterly newsletter.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The Information Commissioner’s Office – Scotland
45 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7HL
Telephone: 0131 244 9001
Information Commissioner’s Office
2nd floor, Churchill House
Churchill way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Information Commissioner’s Office
3rd Floor, 14 Cromac Place
Belfast, BT7 2JB
Telephone: 028 9027 8757
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.