The Problem: proving a sufficient managed Wi-Fi solution
This property consists of three flats spanning over three floors. There are six total users that will be benefitting from this managed Wi-Fi solution. This particular Wi-Fi installation was a retro-fit for a fully refurbished property.
A customer retro-fit Wi-Fi solution was requested.
What was required for the property?
- -67 dBm Wi-Fi signal to all tenanted areas in the property
- A secure, roaming Wi-Fi throughout the whole building
- End users are professionals and will be working from home, video calling, steaming and online gaming
Our retro-fit Wi-Fi solution
There were many steps involved in retro-fitting this managed Wi-Fi solution.
- The installation involved: installing a network link cable to the router location from the external infrastructure and commissioning a fibre optic broadband service.
- The next step was to: wall mount the main router, a POE switch and controller. 3x CAT6 data cables were installed, terminated and tested. 3x Wi-Fi access points were also mounted throughout the property.
- After that, all that was left was: configuring the Wi-Fi networks, final testing from all areas and providing log on details for the tenants.
The result of our Wi-Fi retro-fit installation was a seamless roaming Wi-Fi service and offering a strong and reliable Wi-Fi connection to all tenanted areas, allowing users to simultaneously video call, game work from home and stream.
Get your free assessment today and transform your property.
Download your pdf copy of the case study here.